TYPE: Six-seat turboprop/kitbuilt.
PROGRAMME: Design began October 2004; partly complete prototype exhibited at AirVenture, Oshkosh, July 2005; first flight was then scheduled for October 2005, but postponed for redesign to incorporate feedback from potential customers, including revised empennage, trailing-link landing gear, Fowler flaps, increased door size, additional fuel and five-blade (replacing three-blade) Avia propeller. Changes required abandonment of original fuselage.
CURRENT VERSIONS: Low wing: Envisaged as principal variant for commercial and private owner/operators. Available in LFT (low-wing fixed tricycle landing gear) and LRP (low-wing, retractable gear, pressurised fuselage) versions.
High wing: Expected to be acquired by missionary organisations, to which Sreya will donate aircraft. High commonality with low-wing version, except upper, centre fuselage.
COSTS: LFT kit USD449,000, including reconditioned engine and propeller, plus interior and avionics (2005). Includes customer assistance under ‘51 per cent rule’. Extra USD50,000 for retractable gear and pressurisation.
DESIGN FEATURES: See current versions.
FLYING CONTROLS: Conventional and manual. Fowler flaps.
STRUCTURE: Composites. Carbon fibre structure, control surfaces and cabin; glass fibre wing and fuselage skins. Two-spar wing.
LANDING GEAR: Tricycle type; fixed. Trailing link suspension. Mainwheels 19.5x6.75-8; nosewheel 6.00-6. Optional retraction.
POWER PLANT: One 490 kW (657 hp) Walter M601D turboprop driving an Avia five-blade, constant-speed propeller. Fuel capacity 1,136 litres (300 US gallons; 250 Imp gallons).
ACCOMMODATION: Two front seats for pilot(s), plus ‘club four’ cabin. Door port, above wing leading-edge. Baggage compartment behind cabin with external door, port. Accommodation heated and ventilated.
SYSTEMS: TruTrak autopilot. Oxygen system.
AVIONICS: Instrumentation: Dynon EFIS with OP Technologies three-screen integrated system.
- Wing span: 11.96 m (39 ft 3 in)
- Wing aspect ratio: 7.6
- Length overall: 10.21 m (33 ft 6 in)
- Cabin door: Height: 1.07 m (3 ft 6¼ in)
- Width: 0.68 m (2 ft 2¾ in)
- Cabin: Max width: 1.32 m (4 ft 4 in)
- Max height: 1.24 m (4 ft 1 in)
- Wings, gross: 18.95 m² (204.0 sq ft)
WEIGHTS AND LOADINGS:
- Weight empty: 1,361 kg (3,000 lb)
- Baggage capacity with reduced fuel: 136 kg (300 lb)
- Max T-O weight: 2,721 kg (6,000 lb)
- Max wing loading: 143.6 kg/m² (29.41 lb/sq ft)
- Max power loading: 5.56 kg/kW (9.13 lb/shp)
- Cruising speed: 217 kt (402 km/h; 250 mph)
- Stalling speed, flaps down: 60 kt (111 km/h; 69 mph)
- Max rate of climb at S/L: 610 m (2,000 ft)/min
- T-O run: 244 m (800 ft)
- Landing run: 305 m (1,000 ft)
- Range with IFR reserves: 1,216 n miles (2,253 km; 1,400 miles)
- g limits: +4.4/-2.2