St Louis Aircraft Corp. formed at that city 1928 as subsidiary (later division) of tram-builder St Louis Car Co. First product was Cardinal C2-60, side-by-side high-wing cabin monoplane with 65-hp engine, followed by more powerful C2-85, -90, -100 and -110. During Depression built parts for Air Corps including aircraft skis, but in 1936 flew PT-1W biplane trainer. This led to Army purchase of XPT-15 and 13 YPT-15. Wartime work included manufacture of 200 Fairchild PT-23. Built 1 XCG-5; larger XCG-6 was cancelled.