Helio Aircraft Corp. founded 1948 by Dr L.L. Bollinger of Harvard and Dr O.C. Koppen of MIT to build STOL aircraft. Courier (8 April 1949) led to over 500 Courier and 8/10-seat turboprop Stallion. Became division of General Aircraft Corp. 1969 and renamed Helio Aircraft Co. Subsequently passed into other hands as Helio Courier Ltd, Helio Precision Products and, in 1976, Helio Aircraft Ltd. This company acquired 1984 by Aerospace Technology Industries, and in turn purchased November 1989 by Aircraft Acquisition Corp. and restarted as Helio Aircraft Corp., Morgantown, W. Virginia, active 1993.