Inglis M. Uppercu had small aircraft firm at Keyport, NJ, 1908, became Aeromarine Plane and Motor Corp. 1914. Chief engineer Charles Willard designed succession of flying-boats, seaplanes and a few landplanes, main product being Model 39 family of 100-hp trainers. Model 40F was 100-hp trainer flying-boat. AS (1919) and PG (1920) were fighters. Several F-5L flying-boats redesigned as post-war 12-passenger Type 75. Became Aeromarine-Klemm 1928.