AERO COMMANDER

Following Aero Design and Engineering, Aero Commander Inc. was formed in 1960 as part of Rockwell. It formed the General Aviation Division at the original plant at Bethany, Oklahoma, producing single-engined low-wing and high-wing machines, and a wide range of high-wing twins with piston and turboprop engines. The singles were terminated in 1980. The final Shrike Commanders were phased out in the same year, and the Jetprop Commanders sold to Gulfstream American.

Read 1241 times