Small factory at Riga opened 1913 by Vladimir Viktorovich Slyusarenko and wife Lidiya Vissarionova Zvereva, country's first woman pilot. Began building Farman IV and XVI for War Dept. Moved to larger premises at St Petersburg mid-1914, continuing to grow and building at least 197 aircraft of Farman, Morane or Lebed design. Farman-Slyusarenko was Farman XVI modified as short-span single-seater. Nieuport rebuilt with conventional stick/pedal controls. G.P. Adler designed fast monocoque fighter monoplane and twin-boom aircraft with 3-seat gondola and a 220-hp Isotta-Fraschini engine in each boom.