Acquisition from Spain of 5 Hispano-Suiza engines in 1918 prompted Haerens Flyvevaesen (Norwegian army flying service) to get a fighter designed to use them. Design office under Ing. Hellesen was started at Kjeller, and small factory grew, while requirement changed to 2-seat recon-fighter. Eventually FF6, called T.2 by customer, flew 1921, but poor performance. Subsequently Kjeller Flyfabrikk undertook major licensed construction of AW Scimitar, Fokker C.V and D.H. Gipsy Moth and Tiger Moth.