Internal disorder, difficulty of importing from Europe and strained relations with USA led November 1915 to establishment of Talleres Generales de Construcciones Aeronauticas at Valbuena, near Mexico DF. Produced engines (mainly Hispano) and various aircraft under licence, initially Blériot and Morane-Saulnier, followed 1918 by Microplano fighter and undistinguished series of 2-seat monoplanes and biplanes. BMW.III of 185 hp used in S-2 trainer biplane (January 1926) and Azcarate OE-1 (October 1928), both made in some numbers, followed by Whirlwind-engined Azcarate E, licensed Vought Corsair. Aircraft manufacture suspended 1930-42, when Teziutlan trainer appeared, followed 1947 by TTS-5 6-seat transport (2 x 200-hp Ranger). See TGAM.