TYPE: Four-seat utility twin.
PROGRAMME: Announced early 2006.
COSTS: EUR235,000 (2006).
DESIGN FEATURES: High-wing twin-prop; straight wing leading edge with constant-chord centre section and forward sweep on outer panels; sweptback fin with low, constant-chord tailplane.
Wing section NACA 63A.
FLYING CONTROLS: Manual. All-moving, low-mounted tailplane with anti-balance tab; Frise ailerons; rudder with electronic trim tab. Slotted flaps, electrically actuated.
STRUCTURE: Generally of aluminium alloy. Single-spar wing.
LANDING GEAR: Tricycle type; retractable. Trailing-link, aluminium main gear legs attached to fuselage bulkhead and fitted with oleo-pneumatic shock absorbers; electro-hydraulic inboard retraction, turning through 90°; retracted mechanism partly covered by fairings scabbed to fuselage sides. Cleveland mainwheels and hydraulic brakes; 6.00-6 tyres. Oleo-pneumatic, telescoping, steerable nosewheel leg braced to forward bulkhead by steel truss; 5.00-5 tyre. Gravity-actuated backup deployment system.
POWER PLANT: Two 73.5 kW (98.6 hp) Rotax 912S liquid-cooled, flat-fours driving Hoffmann HO-V352 two-blade, constant-speed, feathering propellers via 2,4286:1 reduction gear. Fuel tanks in wings, outboard of engines; combined capacity 200 litres (52.8 US gallons; 44.0 Imp gallons), of which 190 litres (50.2 US gallons; 41.8 Imp gallons) usable.
ACCOMMODATION: Four persons in two side-by-side pairs. Door each side: left, front for flight crew: right, rear for passengers. Windscreen; door windows; two windows each side, rear of doors; and rear-facing window. Cabin crashworthiness to FAR Pt 23/EASA CS23 standards. Dual controls. Accommodation heated and ventilated. Baggage compartment with external door.
SYSTEMS: Electrical system includes two 12 V 21 A alternators and Gill 35 Ah battery.
AVIONICS: Standard equipment generally by Garmin.
Comms: GNS 430 COM/NAV/GPS; GTX 327 transponder; GMA 430 audio panel. Optional second GNS 430 and substitute GTX 330 Mode S transponder and substitute GNS 530 panel.
Flight: Optional S-Tec 55X dual-axis autopilot and ST-360 altitude selector with ST-361 flight director; Bendix/King KCS 55A HSI, KR 87/KI 227 ADF and KN 63 DME.
Instrumentation: GI 106 indicator. Optional Pegasus EFIS with two 264 mm (10.4 in) PFD/MFD screens incorporating AHRS, ADC, EICAS, dual mav/ecom, GPS, Mode S and digital audio panel.
EQUIPMENT: Navigation and landing/taxi lights.
- Wing span: 10,60 m (34 ft 9¼ in)
- Wing aspect ratio: 7.8
- Length overall: 8,66 m (28 ft 5 in)
- Height overall: 2,85 m (9 ft 4¼ in)
- Propeller diameter: 1.72 m (5 ft 7¾ in)
- Cabin: Length: 2.50 m (8 ft 2½ in)
- Max width: 1.14 m (3 ft 9 in)
- Baggage compartment volume: 0,35 m³ (12.4 cu ft)
- Wings, gross: 14.40 m² (155.0 sq ft)
WEIGHTS AND LOADINGS (estimated):
- Weight empty: 640 kg (1,411 lb)
- Max baggage weight: 60 kg (132 lb)
- Max T-O weight: 1,100 kg (2,425 lb)
- Max wing loading: 76,4 kg/m² (15.65 lb/sq ft)
- Max power loading: 7,48 kg/kW (12,30 lb/hp)
- Max level speed at S/L: 153 kt (283 km/h; 176 mph)
- Cruising speed: at 75% power: 147 kt (272 km/h; 169 mph)
- at 65% power: 141 kt (261 km/h; 162 mph)
- Stalling speed: flaps up: 54 kt (100 km/h; 63 mph)
- flaps down: 48 kt (89 km/h; 56 mph)
- Max rate of climb at S/L: 415 m (1,361 ft)/min
- Service ceiling: 4,875 m (16,000 ft)
- Service ceiling, OEI: 2,040 m (6,700 ft)
- T-O run: 225 m (740 ft)
- T-O to 15 m (50 ft): 450 m (1,380 ft)
- Landing from 15 m (50 ft): 340 m (1,115 ft)
- Landing run: 180 m (590 ft)
- Range with 30 min reserves:
- 75% power: 685 n miles (1,268 km; 788 miles)
- 65% power: 710 n miles (1,314 km; 817 miles)