After September 1943 armistice original company (see Savoia-Marchetti) maintained its aircraft used by Allies, notably SM.79 and 82 transports, and began reorganizing as SIAI-Marchetti, with factories at Sesto Calende, Vergiate and Borgomanero. Built and tested prototypes of SM.101 6-seater (235-hp Walter Bora) and SM.102 8-passenger (2 x 520-hp Ranger), whilst producing military and civil SM.95 transports, typically 30 passengers (4 x Alfa Romeo, Pegasus or Twin Wasp in 1,000-hp class). Eked out by making trucks and railway coaches but bankrupt September 1951. By 1953 withdrew from liquidation, began overhauling aircraft, and by 1962 started producing Nardi FN.333, from 1963 assisting SIPA with S.2510 Antilope. Startling expansion followed, flying Frati-designed SF.260 (250-hp Lycoming) 15 July 1964, leading to massive production of civil and (mainly) military versions, S.205 (180-hp Lycoming) February 1966, S.208 5-seater (260-hp Lycoming) 22 May 1967, SA.202 Bravo 2-seater joint development with FFA of Switzerland (115-hp Lycoming) 7 March 1969 FFA and 7 May 1969 SIAI, SM.1019 STOL observation/liaison (400-hp Allison turboprop) 24 May 1969, and S.210 6-seater (2 x 260-hp Lycoming) 18 February 1970. High-speed helicopter projects remained unbuilt. These aircraft supported massive expansion in activity, being followed by S.211 tandem light jet trainer (JT15D turbofan) 10 April 1981 and SF.600TP (developed from piston-engined 600 Canguro) utility transport (2 x 420-hp Allison) 8 April 1981. From 1977 increasingly worked with Agusta on helicopter production, and by 1983 had been taken over as Agusta subsidiary. In 1989 lost identity and was called Agusta Sesto Calende works.