GABARDINI

Former artist Gabardini of Turin built first aircraft 1909, but gained much publicity with 80-hp 3-seat monoplane (March 1913) used as trainer, over 250 built 1914-16 in former Rebus Co. factory, mainly for company’s own school at Cameri. Company registered pre-1913 as Società Incremento Aviazione. Several 35-hp biplanes for competition 1920, followed by 300-hp G.8 and G.9 biplane fighters, latter modified by Filippo Zappata. Became Costruzioni Aeronautiche Novaresi, then absorbed by Fiat as Fiat-CANSA.

Read 74 times