AVIATION INDUSTRIES ORGANISATION OF THE ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF IRAN
AIO, a subdivision of the Iranian Ministry of Defence, is the police maker, co-ordinator and planner for the manufacturing, overhaul, repair and support of aircraft by Iran's aviation industry. Created to counter problems arising from the Gulf wars and subsequent economic sanctions, its primary concern has been in supplying spares for aircraft in service and obtaining the technologies required for manufacturing various types of aircraft for the Iranian armed forces. However, it has now assumed a much greater role in aircraft development and production, including civil programmes such as the Iran-140.
- Iran Aircraft Manufacturing Industries (IAMI)
- Qods Aviation Industries (QAI)
- Iran Aircraft Industries (IACI)
- Turbine Engine Manufacturing (TEM)
- Iran Helicopter Support and Renewal Company (IHSRC)