AUSTER

Having produced large numbers of wartime aircraft called Austers, Taylorcraft Aeroplanes (England) was replaced in March 1946 by Auster Aircraft Ltd, simultaneously moving from Thurmaston, Leicester, to nearby Rearsby. Production continued with large numbers of military AOP.6, T.7 and AOP.9, and civil J-1 Autocrat, J-2 Arrow, J-4, J-5B Autocar, J-5F Aiglet Trainer and variants. Final product was D-series (180 hp Lycoming), which continued briefly after company taken over by Beagle 1960.

Read 408 times