Ing. Karl Grulich, technical manager of DAL (airline Deutsche Aero Lloyd) in 1922, was given free hand by Fokker to make F.II transport. DAL built a number of F.IIs as well as 19 improved Fokker-Grulich F.II with new cockpit, stronger main gears and redesigned cabin windows, all wings being made by Albatros. Production followed in 1923 of Fokker-Grulich F.III, and derived Grulich V1, V1A and V2. Grulich S.1 was original design for high-wing trainer 1925.