TYPE: Side-by-side ultralight kitbuilt.
PROGRAMME: Original design by Aerosport. Certified in ULA category. Improved Qualt 201 series introduced in 2005, with enlarged cabin, reprofiled aerofoil, epoxy resin fuselage, tail and undercarriage, and composites wing.
CURRENT VERSIONS: Qualt 200J: Baseline model, powered by Jabiru 2200; replaced by Qualt 201J in 2005.
Qualt 200R: As 200J but with Rotax 912 engine; replaced by Qualt 201R in 2005.
Qualt 200RS: As 200J, but with Rotax 912S engine; replaced by Qualt 201RS in 2005.
Qualt 201J: Baseline version, powered by Jabiru 2200.
Qualt 201R582: As 201J, but with Rotax 582 engine.
Qualt 201R: As 201J, but with Rotax 912 engine.
Qualt 201RS: As 201J, but with Rotax 912S engine.
Qualt 201RS Super: As 201J, but with choice of 73.5 kW (98.6 hp) Rotax 912S3 or 89.5 kW (120 hp) Jabiru 3300 engine; max T-O weight of 558 kg (1,230 lb) where regulations permit, including US LSA category.
Interplane Skyboy 2000L and Interplane Falcon 2000L: Aircraft marketed by Interplane.
COSTS: Kit, firewall back EUR25,752 (2006).
DESIGN FEATURES: Typical low-wing, T-tail ultralight with large bubble canopy for good outward view. Tapered wing with upturned tips; large trailing-edge root glove.
FLYING CONTROLS: Conventional and manual. Horn-balanced elevators. Split flaps.
STRUCTURE: Fuselage and empennage of epoxy resin; wing of composites.
LANDING GEAR: Tailwheel type; fixed. Fuselage-mounted spring epoxy resin cantilever mainwheel legs. Steerable tailwheel.
POWER PLANT: Qualt 201J: One 59.7 kW (80 hp) Jabiru 2200 driving a VZLU V237 DF propeller.
Qualt 201R582: One 47.8 kW (64.1 hp) Rotax 582 driving a VZLU V230C propeller.
Qualt 201R: One 59.6 kW (79.9 hp) Rotax 912 driving a VZLU V230D propeller; other propellers from VZLU and KA can be fitted optionally.
Qualt 201RS: One 73.5 kW (98.6 hp) Rotax 912S driving a VZLU V230E propeller; other propellers from VZLU and KA optional.
Fuel capacity for all versions 47 litres (12.4 US gallons; 10.3 Imp gallons).
- Wing span: 9.20 m (30 ft 2¼ in)
- Length overall: Q201J: 6.10 m (20 ft 0¼ in)
- Q201582: 6.05 m (19 ft 10¼ in)
- Q201R, Q201RS: 6.00 m (19 ft 8¼ in)
- Height overall: 1.72 m (5 ft 7¾ in)
- Wings, gross: 10.50 m² (113.0 sq ft)
WEIGHTS AND LOADINGS:
- Weight empty: Q201J, Q201R582: 265 kg (584 lb)
- Q201R: 282 kg (622 lb)
- Q201RS: 286 kg (631 lb)
- Max T-O weight: 450 kg (992 lb)
- Never-exceed speed (VNE): 137 kt (254 km/h; 157 mph)
- Max operating speed: 200J: 124 kt (230 km/h; 142 mph)
- Q201R582: 97 kt (180 km/h; 111 mph)
- Q201R: 118 kt (220 km/h; 136 mph)
- Q201RS: 128 kt (237 km/h; 147 mph)
- Normal cruising speed range: all except Q201R582: 76-103 kt (140-190 km/h; 87-118 mph)
- Q201R582: 65-81 kt (120-150 km/h; 75-93 mph)
- Stalling speed, flaps down: all: 33 kt (60 km/h; 38 mph)
- Max rate of climb at S/L: 201R582: 192 m (630 ft)/min
- 201J, 201R: 300 m (984 ft)/min
- 201RS: 396 m (1,299 ft)/min
- T-O and landing run: 200 m (656 ft)
- Range with max fuel: 405 n miles (750 km; 466 miles)