TYPE: Two-seat lightplane.
PROGRAMME: Revealed (then called EV-97 VLA) 1999; renamed Harmony and made first flight (OK-VLA) 6 April 2001; certification to JAR-VLA standard achieved 13 January 2003, but no known production up to mid-2006, despite continuing promotion.
COSTS: EUR79,900 to EUR95,490 (excluding VAT), depending upon avionics fit (2003).
DESIGN FEATURES: Heavier/more powerful version of teamEurostar, conforming to JAR-VLA and BCAR Section S. Reinforced fuselage aft of cockpit; slightly wider wheel track. Split flaps deflect 0/15/40° and extend over two-thirds of wing length.
Description as for teamEurostar 2002 except as follows:
POWER PLANT: One 73.5 kW (98.6 hp) Rotax 912 ULS flat-four engine; VZLU V230E two-blade, fixed-pitch, wooden propeller. Standard fuel capacity 67 litres (17.7 US gallons; 14.7 Imp gallons).
ACCOMMODATION: Two seats side by side; dual controls. Front-hinged canopy, with larger size of rear transparency (refer EV-97). Baggage space aft of seats.
AVIONICS: VFR instrumentation only in basic aircraft. 'Effect' version adds VSI, turn co-ordinator, VHF com antenna, PM 1000 intercom, Bendix/King KT 76A transponder, ACK encoder, KY 97A VHF and DME/transponder antenna. Top-of-range 'Harmony Excellent' suite omits KY 97A and ACK encoder, but adds KLN 35A GPS with KA 92 antenna, KX 125 nav/com, KT 76A transponder, DME/transponder and VHF antennae, VOR/glideslope antenna, artificial horizon and directional gyro. Further options available.
DIMENSIONS: As for teamEurostar.
- Wings, gross: 10.13 m² (109.0 sq ft)
WEIGHTS AND LOADINGS:
- Weight empty: 330 kg (728 lb)
- Max baggage weight: 15 kg (33 lb)
- Max T-O weight: 575 kg (1,267 lb)
- Max wing loading: 56.8 kg/m² (11.63 lb/sq ft)
- Max power loading: 7.82 kg/kW (12.85 lb/hp)
- Never-exceed speed (VNE): 145 kt (270 km/h; 167 mph) IAS
- Max level speed: 129 kt (240 km/h; 149 mph) IAS
- Max cruising speed: 111 kt (205 km/h; 127 mph) IAS
- Stalling speed, flaps down: 44 kt (80 km/h; 50 mph) CAS
- Max rate of climb at S/L: 300 m (984 ft)/min
- Service ceiling: 5,000 m (16,400 ft)
- T-O run: 130 m (425 ft)
- T-O to 15 m (50 ft): 260 m (855 ft)
- Landing from 15 m (50 ft): 480 m (1,575 ft)
- Landing run: 240 m (790 ft)
- Range: 388 n miles (720 km; 447 miles)
- g limits: +5.7/-2.25