TYPE: Utility turboprop twin.
PROGRAMME: Announced in December 2003. Development being undertaken by Evektor as leader in a multi-company consortium; around 80 per cent of aircraft is sourced in the Czech Republic. Prototype expected to be flying by mid-2007, followed by EASA and FAA certification. First deliveries scheduled for 2009.
CUSTOMERS: Production expected to be 60 per year.
COSTS: Estimated USD1,700,000 (2006).
DESIGN FEATURES: High-wing utility aircraft with T-tail and modern aerodynamic design. Tapered, high-aspect ratio wing. Three models to be available: passenger, cargo and combi; medical evacuation model under consideration.
FLYING CONTROLS: Conventional and manual. Horn-balanced rudder end elevators. Trim tab in each aileron and elevator. Fowler flaps.
LANDING GEAR: Retractable tricycle type; mainwheels retract into nacelles on lower fuselage sides. Steerable nosewheel. Anti-skid system.
POWER PLANT: Two 400 kW (536 shp) Pratt and Whitney PT6A-21 turboprop engines, driving four-blade constant-speed, fully-feathering propellers.
ACCOMMODATION: Pilot and up to nine passengers standart; high-density option for 14 passengers; alternatively, cabin can be configured for cargo and combi use. Single pilot operation. Passenger door on port side of rear fuselage incorporates forward extension for cargo loading; cockpit door on each side forward of wing. Baggage compartments in nose (accessed by upward-hinged door) and in tailcone.
All data are provisional.
- Wing span: 16.10 m (52 ft 9¾ in)
- Length overall: 14.35 m (47 ft 1 in)
- Height overall: 4.66 m (15 ft 3½ in)
- Tailplane span: 4.80 m (15 ft 9 in)
- Wheel track: 2.92 m (9 ft 7 in)
- Wheelbase: 4.17 m (13 ft 8¼ in)
- Cargo door: Width: 1.25 m (4 ft 1¼ in)
- Height: 1.13 m (3 ft 8½ in)
- Cabin: Length: 4.48 m (14 ft 8¼ in)
- Max width: 1.61 m (5 ft 3¼ in)
- Min height: 1.37 m (4 ft 6 in)
- Volume: 9.47 m³ (334.4 cu ft)
- Baggage compartments volume (total): 3.20 m³ (113.0 cu ft)
WEIGHTS AND LOADINGS:
- Weight empty: 2,549 kg (5,620 lb)
- Max payload: 1,824 kg (4,021 lb)
- Max T-O and landing weight: 4,600 kg (10,141 lb)
- Max power loading: 5.76 kg/kW (9.46 lb/shp)
- Max level speed at FL100: 220 kt (408 km/h; 254 mph)
- T-O to 15 m (50 ft): 420 m (1,378 ft)
- Range: with 30 min reserves: 1,240 n miles (2,298 km; 1,427 miles)