LARKIN

Formed 1919 as Larkin-Sopwith Aviation Company of Australasia, opening Melbourne’s first aerodrome and building a factory on it. In 1921 became Lasco (Larkin Aircraft Supply Co.), making parts and, from 1927, producing aircraft under licence including 32 Gipsy Moths and at least one D.H.50A. In 1930 produced Lasco Lascoter all-metal 5-passenger transport (240-hp Puma), followed by Lasconder 6-passenger (3 x 165-hp Mongoose), but company run down from 1932.

Read 40 times