TYPE: Multirole fighter
MISSION: The Su-35 is a super maneuverable singleseat multirole fighter. It is designed to destroy air and ground targets in all weather with guided and unguided weapons and operating alone and as part of an aircraft group in favour of gaining air superiority.
EQUIPMENT: The Su-35 avionics suite includes: an up-todate multi-channel long range radar (up to 400 km against air targets with RCS=3 m2), providing high resolution in the 'air-to-surface' mode, as well as joint operation both in 'air-to-air' and 'air-to-surface' modes, as well as
- highly integrated avionics with overall control from open architecture data control system providing intelligent support to the pilot
- multi-channel (against air and ground targets) highly sensitive and jam-proof optical location system
- cockpit data management field with optimal representation of displayed data and controls, and with implementation of HOTAS
- high-accuracy navigation system
- in-flight refuelling system, increasing flight range
- thrust vector-controlled engines boasting the aircraft unsurpassed manoeuvrability and giving the Su-35 its full capability.
ARMAMENT: The fighter carries an impressive armament suite comprising a wide range of close-air combat, short-, medium- and long range weapons with different types of guidance mode. The Su-35 organic weapons, installed on 12 hardpoints include: R-27R1, R-27ER1, R-27T1, R-27ET1, R-27P1, R-27EP1, R-73E and RVV-AE AAMs; long-range ASMs; long-range anti-ship missiles; Kh-59MK, Kh-31A, Kh-31P, Kh-29T (TE, L), as well as KAB-1500Kr(LG) and KAB-500Kr(OD) guided bombs. The unguided weapons include S-8 S-13 and S-25 rockets and up to 500-kg calibre air bombs. The aircraft also has a built-in GSh-301 gun with 150 rounds of ammunition