ENERGOMASH NPO NAMED AFTER ACADEMICIAN V.GLUSHKO
NPO Energomash named after academician V.GIushko is the leading Russian company engaged in development of powerful liquid propellant rocket engines (LPRE) for space launch vehicles, such as the Souyz, Proton, Zenit, Energia, Atlas 3 and S, Sea Launch, as well as for the Angara and Volga advanced programs.
Main lines of activity:
- Theoretic research in LPRE development;
- Development of powerful LPREs for first and second stages of launch vehicles running on cryogenic and storable propellant;
- Experimental testing of LPRE designs and evaluation of tests on LPREs, their units and components;
- Development of HF (DF) chemical lasers;
- Participation in flight tests of launch vehicles.
NPO Energomash consists of:
The design bureau with filial offices in Samara, Perm, St. Petersburg; the plant;
the scientific testing center.