AMA - Fuel Handling Equipment and Installation Services
AMA is a privately owned Italian company specializing in the design and manufacturing of fuel and water handling systems. Our products range from bulk fuel and water installations for rapid deployment up to and including semi-permanent and permanent solutions, for diesel, petrol, jet fuel and water. The technology provided adopts the use of flexible and containerized solutions for storage tanks and refuelling / water distribution systems.
Our experience and credibility have been gained over many years in the field of design, manufacture and supply of equipment, enhanced by logistic support. We also provide personnel for the commissioning, training and maintenance of ground, aviation fuel handling and water equipment systems at installations around the globe for numerous peacekeeping and military operations.
Aviation fuel trailer
Aviation fuel trailer (AFT) has been designed to meet the requirements of technicians involved in jet-fuel handling operations in remote areas. AFT can be connected with a set of bladders or metal fuel tanks to carry out the following operations:
- Fuel receipt from a road tanker or fuel carrying aircraft
- Fuel transfer and filtration within installations (bladder to bladder; tank to tank)
- De-fuelling an aircraft
- Refuelling an aircraft
AFT is available in different flow-rates and executions. Main components are:
- Steel structure welded on a chassis with fifth wheel
- Diesel driven engine C/W spark arrestor
- Inlet / outlet manifold with tank unit self-seal adapters, auxiliary connections and dust caps, to perform fuel transfer, recirculation and filtering operations
- Positive displacement pump with inlet filter
- Filter water separator with differential pressure gauge
- Monitor filter with differential pressure gauge (optional)
- Hose reel with aviation refuelling hose type C, with couplings and fittings
- Over wing / under wing nozzles
- Stainless steel fuel decanter vessel for the collection of drained and fuel samples
- All necessary security devices
All fuel whetted surfaces are compatible with jet fuel. All equipment is electrically bonded.
A compact configuration of the FTP is available. This unit consists of a diesel driven pump set, filter unit and hose reel all mounted on a sturdy two-wheel trailer which ensures easy manoeuvrability in rough terrain areas.
Jet fuel containerized refuelling systems (JP8, F43 or JET A-1)
These units offer a ready-made solution to all aviation refuelling requirements, whether they are for new installations or direct replacements for bladder farms after their expiry date. AMA offers containerized storage and refuelling systems available in ISO 20ft or 40ft containers (DROPS), which allow safe storage and refuelling operations. Main components are:
- Electrical positive displacement pump
- Positive displacement meter with air eliminator
- Filter water separator and monitor filter with differential pressure gauges
- Fuel sampling
- Hose-reel with refuelling hose and under wing / over wing nozzle
- Explosion-proof electrical control panel
- Generator for electrical power supply of the system
- All necessary piping, valves and instrumentation for correct and safe operation of the system
Local storage capacity can be increased by connecting containerized storage modules in battery.
AMA also supplies systems that meet with the JIG regulations.
Containerized storage and refuelling systems are also available with similar concept and design for diesel or petrol applications.
Our services include all aspects of technical and operational support through the life cycle of any project:
- Site assessment and feasibility studies
- Installation design and site commissioning
- On-site staff training and certification
- Spares provisioning
- Equipment calibration
- Equipment maintenance and repair
- Supervision of temporary site de-commissioning
Other fuel handling and specialist equipment
- Air portable fuel cells and seal drums
- Transportable tanks
- Containers for storage and dispensing of lubricants
- Containers for storage of waste oils and lubricants
- Underground fuel tanks
- Containerised workshop facilities
- Containerised mobile water / fuel distribution and sewage collection systems
- Forward areas refuelling systems
- Aviation fuel test equipment
- Mobile fuel and water transfer pumps